Aluminum   $ 2.1505 kg        |         Cobalt   $ 33.420 kg        |         Copper   $ 8.2940 kg        |         Gallium   $ 222.80 kg        |         Gold   $ 61736.51 kg        |         Indium   $ 284.50 kg        |         Iridium   $ 144678.36 kg        |         Iron Ore   $ 0.1083 kg        |         Lead   $ 2.1718 kg        |         Lithium   $ 29.821 kg        |         Molybdenum   $ 58.750 kg        |         Neodymium   $ 82.608 kg        |         Nickel   $ 20.616 kg        |         Palladium   $ 40303.53 kg        |         Platinum   $ 30972.89 kg        |         Rhodium   $ 131818.06 kg        |         Ruthenium   $ 14950.10 kg        |         Silver   $ 778.87 kg        |         Steel Rebar   $ 0.5063 kg        |         Tellurium   $ 73.354 kg        |         Tin   $ 25.497 kg        |         Uranium   $ 128.42 kg        |         Zinc   $ 2.3825 kg        |         
Image source: /

Anglo Asian Mining (AAM), renowned for its expertise in gold, silver, and copper extraction in Azerbaijan, announced substantial copper mineralization at the Kharhar site in February 2024. Following Joint Ore Reserve Committee (JORC) standards, the estimated copper mineralization zone at the site stands at 24.9 million tons, boasting an average copper content of 0.48%. From 22 million tons of ore, 106,000 tons of copper have been identified, contributing to the total reserves of minerals at the site, which amount to 119,000 tons. Plans are underway for AAM to kickstart copper production at the Kharhar site by 2026, with an anticipated annual extraction of approximately 9,000 tons over the subsequent seven years. The favorable terrain at the site facilitates open-pit mining operations. Under a contract signed with the British company on August 21, 1997, encompassing the development of six sites, Azerbaijan retains a 51% share, with Anglo Asian Mining holding the remaining 49%. In September 2021, a new agreement expanded the company’s rights to three additional contract blocks, bringing the total to eight areas. Experts highlight that the development of the Kharhar site, alongside other contract areas, promises substantial revenue. The mining sector stands as a pivotal player in Azerbaijan’s non-oil sector development, with the nation actively aligning its industry with global standards, exploring innovative approaches and technologies, and seeking to attract investments. Attention is particularly focused on opportunities in liberated territories, which hold immense potential. The country continues to study and develop its mineral resource base, as outlined in the State Programme for Geological Exploration and Efficient Use of Mineral Resources Base for 2020-2024 and subsequent amendments. Estimates indicate abundant mineral deposits, including gold, mercury, copper, and more, within these territories. Positioned advantageously, Azerbaijan possesses rich reserves of diverse minerals and construction materials, positioning itself as a significant player in the regional mineral resources market.