- Indicator Results
- Investment amount, thousand US dollars 70 800
- NPV of the Project thousand, US dollars 39 479
- IRR, % 25,1%
- IBITDA yield, % 30%
- Payback period, years 8,5
- Discounted payback period, years - - 10,2
The project provides for the exploration, production and processing of gold-bearing ores of the Tobolsk area of deposits (the “Project”).
- increase in capacities for extraction/processing of oxide ores;
- detailed geological exploration of sulfide ores with commercial reserves;
- increase in capacities for the extraction and processing of oxide ores.
- Construction of a plant for the processing of sulfide ores Marketable products: Dore alloy
LLP “Brendt” is mining oxide ores with finishing to the “Dore” alloy. Processing of ores is carried out in an open way. The current mining/processing capacity is 800 thousand tons of ore per year.
Planned capacity: Annual volume of extraction and processing of sulfide ores at the level of 1.8 million tons of ore.
Sales market: Kazakhstan
Consistently high demand – Gold consumption in the world is at a consistently high level. It is used in technology in the form of alloys with other metals, in the aviation and space industries, radio equipment, electronics, and medicine. A significant part of the gold goes to the manufacture of jewelry. It also plays the role of the main currency metal.
Availability of a client base – In Kazakhstan, gold consumption is mainly formed for the purpose of replenishing the country’s foreign exchange reserves as a result of processing by three refineries: Kazzinc in Ust-Kamenogorsk, Kazakhmys in Balkhash and TauKen-Altyn in Nur-Sultan . According to experts, by 2020 refining will reach 80-90 tons per year.
Reserves and resources of the Tobolsk area, JORC calculation