PDAC 2018 Convention – the must attend mining event of the year.
The world’s premier mineral exploration and mining convention is gearing up for a return to downtown Toronto, featuring another outstanding lineup of speakers, short courses, technical sessions, investment opportunities and networking events. The Prospectors & Developers Association of Canada’s (PDAC) International Convention, Trade Show & Investors Exchange—celebrating 86 years in 2018—will take place at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre (MTCC) from March 4 to 7 2018.
In 2017, the PDAC Convention attracted more than 24,000 attendees from 130 countries, including analysts, mining executives, geologists, prospectors, investors, students and government officials from all over the world. “The PDAC Convention is an iconic event for the industry, one that is renowned internationally for its unrivaled ability to bring the world’s mineral exploration and mining industry together every year,” says PDAC President Glenn Mullan. “Every March, companies, governments and stakeholders who are involved in the minerals sector descend on Toronto for our event, and it’s something we are very proud of.”The Aboriginal Program, Capital Markets Program, CSR Event Series, Short Courses and Technical Program return, along with a Keynote Session that will provide an objective review of the industry’s past performance. “PDAC Convention programming reflects the current economic and industry trends, challenges and opportunities being faced by the global mineral exploration and mining sector,” says Mullan. “These learning opportunities along with more than 1,000 exhibitors and an unmatched lineup of social and networking events are what keep them returning each year.”The International Mines Ministers’ Summit (IMMS)—a unique event that brings together Mines Ministers from around the world—returns for the third year in 2018. This event is co-hosted with the World Economic Forum and provides an important setting for the global mining community to have an open discussion and work on resolving any issues affecting the industry. “The PDAC Convention is renowned for bringing countries across the world together each year, including international governments and representatives who oversee mining operations,” says Mullan. “The IMMS in particular is an opportunity for governments to ask questions to each other, to learn, and then take that knowledge back to their respective countries and apply it.
”Some highlights to look forward to at PDAC 2018 Convention include:
- Awards Gala & After Party: A prestigious event where outstanding achievements in the Canadian and international mineral exploration and mining industry are celebrated.
- Mineral Outlook Luncheon: A. Gary Shilling is an economic consultant, investment adviser and best-selling author who will discuss “Opportunities for the mining and metals industry in an excess supply world”.
- Student-Industry Networking Luncheon: This reception-style buffet luncheon provides an opportunity to make valuable connections with industry professionals and peers.
- Trade Show Reception: Network with Trade Show North exhibitors and attendees from international and domestic companies, including organizations promoting technology, products, services and mining jurisdictions.
- Grand Finale: After four outstanding days at the world’s hottest convention for mineral exploration and mining, it’s time to party at this free event! Enjoy the action and network, while the Dave Murphy Band performs live.
PDAC is the leading voice of the mineral exploration and development community. With over 7,500 members around the world, PDAC’s mission is to promote a globally responsible, vibrant and sustainable minerals industry. As the trusted representative of the sector, PDAC encourages best practices in technical, operational, environmental, safety and social performance.
More information about the PDAC 2018 Convention is available at www.pdac.ca/convention.